Level 2 Award in Door Supervision
The level 2 Award for Door Supervision consists of 4 units that are credit based.
1. Working in the private security industry. (1 Credit)
- Know the purpose and Main features of the Private Security Industry
- Understand the legislation that is relevant.
- Understand relevant Aspects of Health and Safety in the work place.
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety.
- Know how to deal with non-fire-related workplace emergencies
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry.
2. Working as a door supervisor (2 Credits)
- Understand the behaviour appropriate for individual door supervisors, as defined by the Security Industry Authority’s (SIA) Standards of Behaviour.
- Understand the elements of civil and criminal law relevant to door supervisors
- Understand search procedures and the reasons for having them.
3. Conflict management for the private security industry (1 Credit)
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role.
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations and de-escalate conflict.
- Understand how to communicate effectively in emotive situations and de-escalate.
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations.
4. Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry (2 Credit)
- Understand physical interventions and legal and professional implications of their use.
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used.
- Be able to use non aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others from assault.
- Be able to use non-pain related standing holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive skills.
There will be 3 multiple choice exams for the units 1-3 and a practical assessment for the unit 4. All 6 credits must be achieved to gain the qualification, to apply for an SIA license the qualification must be completed in full.
Please click here to find out when the next available courses are!
Download a training course application here
APPROVED TO ADMINISTER